Help Share this Mayweather vs Cotto Website

Search

Sunday, August 7, 2011

Undercard Morales confirms he is crazy

Erik "El Terible" Morales, the last boxer to win against Filipino boxing star Manny Pacquiao, believes that he will win against Lucas Matthysse on September 17 at the MGM Grand Garden Arena in Las Vegas. During the press conference, together with other Mexican pugilists Jesse Vargas and Josesito Lopez, he said these lines:


"I have seen a lot of comments on Facebook. People saying I am crazy and I want to confirm that I am crazy. I am crazy about what I do. This is a sport that I participate in with a lot of love and a lot of heart. People question me, but I know that I love to fight and I want to fight. I will be ready September 17. The Mexicans can have a great party and celebrate when I am victorious."

Morales is one of the greatest boxers of Mexico - comparable to Juan Manuel Marquez. He is a very entertaining fighter and he knows how to adapt the fighting styles of his opponents. In the Morales vs Matthysse fight in the Mayweather vs Ortiz undercard, Erik is the underdog. Many believed that Lucas is still virtually undefeated because his two losses were very close - against Zab Judah and Devon Alexander - and many believed he won those fights.



September 17 will be the weekend after Mexican Independence Day and many boxing fans from Mexico will surely watch the fight not only inside the sell-out MGM Grand Arena but also on HBO pay-per-view. Vargas vs Lopez will also be part of the Ortiz vs Mayweather undercard. Saul Alvarez vs Alfonso Gomez is also part of the undercard but they will fight at the Staples Center, a different venue.

Golden Boy Promotions will exert extra efforts in promoting the fight dubbed as Star Power: Floyd Mayweather vs Victor Ortiz. The Face-off with Max Kellerman and the HBO 24/7 Mayweather vs Ortiz Preview video are already released by Home Box Office. The Episode 1 of the Mayweather vs Ortiz 24/7 will be released on August 27.

After the collapse of the Morales vs Jorge Barrios fight, because Barrios' camp couldn't settle the visa going to the US, Golden Boy chose Matthysse which is a better fighter than Jorge. The Morales vs Matthyse fight will be very thrilling because both boxers won't back out from any exchange of punches unless they leave the last big punch.